Yes, you will be required to complete a new online childcare funding application each year.

If you need help to look at childcare provision or discuss any issues you may have contact Childcare Advisers at:



Unfortunately, Dundee and Angus College cannot help with deposits, annual fees or registration fees requested by childcare providers.

Unfortunately, you must be ordinarily resident in the UK to be eligible. If you are a Migrant worker please contact Student Services on (01382 3834910/01241432743). For information on eligibility please refer to Students Awards Agency for Scotland ( and Scottish Funding Council

During the interview with the Childcare Advisor, you will receive guidance relating to childcare element and college funding. Evidence will be required including days you are working and your class timetable.

Contact the Childcare Advisor immediately to discuss your situation and submit in writing any changes to your provision.

Note: Childcare providers normally require a notice period of 4 weeks, the College will not be able to meet any costs due if you fail to give the required notice.

Continued payment of the childcare award is subject to satisfactory attendance. If your attendance falls below 100% in any one week, your childcare funding will be suspended.

The college will pay a 50% retainer fee on your childcare award to childcare providers during college holidays. This will be dependent upon Childcare funding availability and all students will be responsible for any remaining childcare costs.

Unfortunately you cannot make an application to receive help from both funds; you must either submit a childcare funding application or a Housing Support application.

If you are remaining on your income support/universal credit while at College, you still need to apply and submit a Bursary application for course fees, travel (if eligible) and equipment/books before we can approve funding for childcare.

Yes, you will receive a 4 week provisional award until all documents have been submitted, for example, a new tax credit award from HMRC because of changes in your circumstances.