This page provides some examples of documents you might be asked to provide as evidence for an applications.

See also…

It could take up to 6 WEEKS for some agencies to send you the required documentation so don’t delay, act NOW!

If you submit the required information later than 6 weeks after starting your course, your funding will not be backdated.

If you have any questions regarding required documents, please email


Proof of student income from all benefits

Proof of annual income from benefits for parents/partner




If you do not have a P60 ask your employer to complete form SF3A – Certificate of P60. The College can provide you with a copy of Form SF3A.

SA302 – Self Assessment for Self Employed

If you do not have form SA302 then please ask your accountant to complete form SF4 – Certificate of Income – Self Employed. The College can provide you with a copy of Form SF4.

Letter of Employment History from HMRC

Tax Credit Award Notice from HMRC

Council Tax

Proof of single person status

If you do not have a Council Tax Demand Notice Showing 25% Single Person Discount, please provide a letter from your local authority confirming this.

Joint Council Tax Demand Notice


Letter proving that you are or have been care experienced


Proof of Last 3 Years Residency

Letter from HMRC proving 3 years of Employment History

Useful Numbers

AgencyPhone Number
HMRC0300 200 3300
HMRC (Tax Credits)0845 300 3900
Department of Work & Pensions0345 604 3719
Carer’s Allowance0845 608 4321
Dundee City Council Housing & Council Tax01382 431205
Angus Council Housing & Council Tax01241 435229
Fife Council03451 550000
Student Loans Company (SLC)0300 555 0505
Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS )0300 300 3137
Dundee and Angus College0300 123 10 10