You are eligible to apply for assistance from the Housing Support Fund if you are a full time student and have applied for your full funding, from either the College Bursary or the maximum loan from SAAS (whatever is applicable) and provide evidence that you are responsible for paying rent or mortgage payments and not in receipt of any housing benefit.

The actual amount you may be eligible to receive is based on your household income, which includes your parents or partner’s income (whichever is applicable) and any unearned income you may receive

You will need to submit your SAAS or College funding award letter (whichever is applicable), evidence of your parents’ or partner’s income for the last financial year (if applicable) and evidence of any unearned income you may receive during the current academic year. We will also need evidence that you pay rent (lease/tenancy agreement) or mortgage (bank letters or statements which clearly show you pay mortgage payments).

You can submit this online by uploading the relevant documents or by bringing the documents into the Student Services area.

Housing support will be paid directly to your bank account on a fortnightly basis throughout the duration of your course. Continuation of this payment is subject to 100% attendance which will be monitored every 2 weeks.

Yes, your payments will cover holidays throughout the Academic year (subject to attendance), but not during the summer if you are a continuing student

Yes, you can go along to any campus Advice Centre or Student Services area to get help completing the online application form and uploading documents.

All applications received before the October College holiday will be backdated. However, we will not backdate any Housing support applications received after the 12th October 2020 and only under the discretion of Student Services will an individual case be considered for backdated payments.

A four week provisional payment may be put in place, until you provide evidence that your SAAS/College funding has been approved.

You may be eligible if you meet the residency requirements and receive full funding from SAAS or the College (whichever is applicable)

Unfortunately, you cannot make an application to receive help from both funds; you must either submit funding application or a Housing Support application.

You will be required to provide evidence of this from your Council Tax Notice.

Unearned income is income you receive from e.g. Working Tax

Please note: If you are below the age of 21 if on Further Education (FE) non-advanced course* or a lone parent or living with a partner with children on a low income or disabled, then you are within a small group of students who can still claim housing benefit or housing costs element of Universal Credit.  You must first claim this benefit from the Local Authority and only if refused housing benefit or housing costs element of Universal Credit, and provide evidence, then the College may consider you for assistance.