Opting into our Smart Travel scheme will mean your travel allowance will be added to your student card in the form of a Smart Ticket to use on various Stagecoach/Xplore routes within your allocated travel zone, all day every day and not just for your journeys to/from College.
If you are eligible for travel allowance your local address must be more than 2 miles from your main campus of study.
Any changes to the Smart Travel service offered will be notified to you by letter.
Travel paid as a cash allowance will be capped to the maximum Smart Travel rate for your route and will be subject to weekly attendance checks.
- Smart Travel will be paid in the form of an unlimited travel pass for NX and/or Stagecoach buses during term time added to a student matriculation card.
- No cash amount will be paid for travel.
- Your travel pass will be terminated if for any reason you leave the course before the official end date or if your attendance reaches a level that is not acceptable
- If your card is lost/stolen, you should report it immediately to the Campus Help Point. A temporary pass will be issued to allow you to travel until your new College Card arrives. There is a £5 change when ordering a new card.
- If you have any problems using your pass on the bus, you should report it to the Campus Help Point or email email@example.com to allow them to investigate as soon as possible
- No personal data, other than your name and card number will be passed to the transport companies. This data will be used if you have a problem using your Pass on board the bus and for invoicing purposes only
- You may be asked to complete a short survey about your experiences using Smart Travel.